- The Measuring Tape; these are people that are always showing you how you don’t measure up.
- The Hammer; they push their agenda by being loud and demanding, even manipulative.
- The Skill Saw; these are super blunt people whose words cut deep and leave you bleeding emotionally.
- Vise Grips; These are people that lock on to you and suck the life out of you because they are so needy.
- The Grinder; these are the people that have explosive personalities and feel it’s their personal responsibility to cut people down to size.
- The Hatchet; is the person who holds on to past hurts and grudges, using them against you.
- Putty People; are those that have no backbone. They are people pleasers who blow with the wind.
How do you respond to these people? Or, maybe a better question is; are you one or more of these people? It’s easy to criticize others but Jesus told us to not worry about the speck in our friends eye when we’ve got a 2x4 in our own (Matthew 7:1). And besides, finding perfect people shouldn’t be our goal. God wants to use imperfect people to develop character in our lives. Our goal should be to respond well – revealing the character and love of Christ – in every relationship.