- Spy out the land. Get used to the change by exploring it in advance.
- Celebrate the past. Make sure you bring good closure to what was.
- Move on from the past. Celebrate the past but don't get stuck there.
- Start strong. Weak starts lead to weak (or no) finish.
- Celebrate small victories. If you wait, you may never celebrate at all!
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. The good, the bad and the ugly.
- Remember the vision because vision leaks. Keep the big picture in mind.
- Change together. Change goes better with friends.
- Don't quit, innovate. Use your frustration to resolve problems, not run from them.
- Include others along the way. Change is a great time for others to join.
- Enjoy the change. Different is only bad if you make it bad. Choose to enjoy it.
- Stay flexible because cheese moves!
I started going to Cedarbrook in the theatre on mother's day a year ago, and this church and it's atmosphere overall helped me come to Christ. The people were so nice and caring that I couldn't leave there. But then I would love to see more people experience the love and compassion of God and Cedarbrook. So since God has moved our cheese we still follow wherever he moves it from here to eternity.
The mall will bring so many oppotunities to expand the church. We'll have the experience of shoppers watching the t.v.s and maybe joing us in the actual service. It's exciting to me because it's a chance to change lives forever!!!