- Is there something wrong with me that I have these desires?
- Did something happen to me that I have these desires?
- Was I born with these desires?
- Did I unknowingly choose these desires over time?
- Is there really nothing wrong with me - I'm normal -but other closed minded people are trying to make me feel bad about my desires?
The person that I was speaking with was heterosexual but my guess is that these are the same questions that the homosexual person asks as well. I think these are good questions - normal questions that people should be asking.
Now, expand these questions to include things other than sex - to emotions like anger or fear or depression. Just replace the word "desires" with "emotions". Many people ask these same questions. These are life questions. There is something wrong with us - all of us -and we need to find how to find wholeness in Christ. That's our job as a church community - not to point fingers and judge but to come along side each other and see how we can help provide the answers that will lead to wholeness.