Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sermon Input Welcome

I'm starting a new series soon (this Sunday or next, depending on whether or not Brian Hartz can speak on Sunday).

I'm thinking it would be nice to get your input. I'll let you know what I'm looking for and you can provide me with a story, a thought, a video, a song or whatever. I'll take appropriate jokes too!

Now... the upside on this is that my sermons should be more interesting. I think we'd all like that!

The downside is that I can't possibly include everything that everyone suggests. So...my fear is that I'll hurt feelings. So, here's the deal - if you offer an idea, etc. you have to offer it with no expectations of it being used. Sorry! But...the truth is I factor in everything I hear...so even though I may not use what you gave me...I WILL consider it and it will impact my thinking...keep me balanced and all that.

With that said, my next series is on the letter of 2 Peter (Something's Missing...a final word from Peter). I'll be laying out the background to the letter which involves Peter's anger at how false teachers have led the church astray and into immorality. I'd be interested in hearing some stories about how that may have happened in your church history...where a leader misled you or your church and immorality resulted.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you really do I'll write some down but are you really sure you know what you are asking??
Rosann

Remy Diederich said...

Well, I realize that there are some horror stories out there. I'm not looking to take 5-10 minutes to tell those stories. It could get dark very fast! But I think a 30-60 second reference to a present day story will help show the relevancy of Peter's words to today. So don't take a lot of time at this. Give me the summarized version. Or, feel free to give the full version, but know that I'll reduce it. Thanks.